On Sat, 15 Jun 2013 21:01:00 -0700
""Paweł Hajdan, Jr."" <phajdan...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On 6/9/13 7:22 AM, Alex Legler wrote:
> > I'd appreciate some input on below plan to move project pages to
> > the Wiki:
>
> Alex, thanks for working on this! Some feedback:
>
> 1. How will the project pages be protected against "unwanted" edits? I
> think it's valuable to have some official pages where you know only
> Gentoo devs can edit them.

Pages can be protected and limited by group using Page Protection.
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/MediaWiki_Administrator%27s_Handbook/Page_Protection#Page_Protection_in_MediaWiki_1.5_and_later

Pages can be watched for changes using a Watchlist.
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Watchlist

Watchlist notifications can be send by mail.
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Email_notification

You could probably use a Procmail rule to filter whom you want to track.

--
With kind regards,

Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
Gentoo Developer

E-mail address  : tom...@gentoo.org
GPG Public Key  : 6D34E57D
GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2  ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D