On 16/06/13 03:44 PM, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
>> > Deletion is restricted to administrators, mediawiki also keeps old
>> > versions around in case someone reuploads a file.
>> > To prevent even that, we can restrict editing certain assets to developers.
> See my other comment about git-mediawiki maybe, that would satisfy my
> needs, just having old versions of the images around as needed (not
> admin-deletable).

With modern MediaWiki, it is impossible to permanently remove a page or
file without the system administrator (I mean SSH access, not MW sysop)
intentionally permitting it or deleting the file archive.

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Image_administration#Undeleting_files
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Oversight
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:RevisionDelete