On Mon, 1 Jul 2013 12:24:36 -0700
Greg KH <gre...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 01, 2013 at 02:30:51PM -0400, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
> > Tom, you already know my opinion because we discussed it.  I'm all
> > for it.  Just a reminder: there's always problems somewhere in the
> > kernel which can be triggered by various options.  The kernel is not
> > one big take it or leave it chunk of code, but many chunks
> > selectable by Kconfig with the exception of course of the core.  The
> > best we can do wrt to BFQ and other "risky" patches is mark these
> > options as EXPERIMENTAL.  I was going to say depend on
> > CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL in Kconfig, but this is deprecated.  See
> > scripts/checkpatch.pl
> >
> >     "Use of CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL is deprecated. For alternatives, see
> > https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/10/23/580";
>
> It's flat out gone now in the 3.10 kernel release, so if you use it,
> your code just will never be enabled.

As I replied earlier and tried to make clear in my first post, this
would be our own config variable; naming it CONFIG_GENTOO_EXPERIMENTAL
for that matter as to not confuse people.

--
With kind regards,

Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
Gentoo Developer

E-mail address  : tom...@gentoo.org
GPG Public Key  : 6D34E57D
GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2  ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D