On 07/01/2013 03:24 PM, Greg KH wrote:
On Mon, Jul 01, 2013 at 02:30:51PM -0400, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
Tom, you already know my opinion because we discussed it.  I'm all
for it.  Just a reminder: there's always problems somewhere in the
kernel which can be triggered by various options.  The kernel is not
one big take it or leave it chunk of code, but many chunks
selectable by Kconfig with the exception of course of the core.  The
best we can do wrt to BFQ and other "risky" patches is mark these
options as EXPERIMENTAL.  I was going to say depend on
CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL in Kconfig, but this is deprecated.  See
scripts/checkpatch.pl

     "Use of CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL is deprecated. For alternatives, see
https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/10/23/580";
It's flat out gone now in the 3.10 kernel release, so if you use it,
your code just will never be enabled.

greg k-h

Yeah i noticed that right after sending it.

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]