On 09:21 Mon 24 Jun     , Mike Pagano wrote:
> Sometimes it helps to realize that the people on the other end of the
> wire are just that: people.
>
> I've seen behaviors change among team members for the better.

^^ This.

Seeing people as close to "in person" as we can get without a conference
really does help to improve the quality of our interactions. It's a lot
harder to be a jerk when you can picture the person you're writing to as
a living, breathing person.

Given recent, and more distant, actions by some of our community with
DevRel consequences, it should be clear that treating our fellow
developers decently is a problem. And seriously, hopping on a video chat
once or twice a year should be doable for most of us.

I don't necessarily care a lot about the PR value of any replays, I see
it as much more important to strengthening Gentoo than to do outreach.

That said, I've gotten over 10,000 views of an intro talk on Gentoo
that's posted on YouTube despite its pretty bad audio quality, and
nearly 2,000 views of a Gentoo talk targeted at developers, so there's
clearly people looking for this stuff.

--
Thanks,
Donnie