On Tue, 20 Aug 2013 20:45:05 +0200
Dirkjan Ochtman <d...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM, Wyatt Epp <wyatt....@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > This right here seems strange to me.  What things in stable are
> > undergoing bitrot?  What manner of bitrot?  On what architectures?
>
> Yeah, something slightly more specific would be useful here.
>
> I run my servers with stable with just a few package.keywords lines
> for things I trust/follow upstream, and it's generally fine. There
> doesn't seem to be a whole lot of bitrot, and sometimes if there is I
> just file stabilization requests and things get better.
>
> Of course this also depends on your arch a lot; I only run amd64/x86
> servers, so stabilization is pretty good there.

Well, I think the impression one gets about stable when that person
runs stable is different than the impression when that person runs ~;
so, I wouldn't consider switching to stable, if you know what I mean...

--
With kind regards,

Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
Gentoo Developer

E-mail address  : tom...@gentoo.org
GPG Public Key  : 6D34E57D
GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2  ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D