On 23/09/2013 22:52, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
On Mon, 23 Sep 2013, Samuli Suominen wrote:

Because I've seen some commits today for reverting the mentioned
KEYWORDS to ~arch in some ebuilds I'm not sure if everyone is aware that
the arch status is set using profiles/profiles.desc and as I'm writing
this, the mentioned arches are still 'stable', not 'dev'
No matter what the news item or whatever says, only profiles.desc counts

That's a thing that was never quite clear to me. Should there be
a one-to-one correspondence between an arch marked stable in
profiles.desc (i.e. having at least one profile labelled as stable
there) and the same arch having stable keywords?
In my opinion the two need not be linked. To me "profile stability" refers to the status of the profile, nothing to do with keywords.

If an arch team does not want to maintain stable keywords, but wants to indicate that a particular profile is stable, why should we try to stop them?