On Mon, 30 Sep 2013 08:14:29 +0200
Agostino Sarubbo <a...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> These type of failures are _not_ architecture dependant.

This is wrong.

Libraries behave differently on different architectures because the
compiled code is actually different. Different architectures use
different ways to access and manipulate memory. Libraries are
linked/loaded differently on different architectures.

If there is architecture specific code in a library, there is a really
good chance that the internal test suite does not cover it because
upstream doesn't have the hardware to test it.

If there are generic code paths in a library that gets used when no
architecture-specific code is available for a specific architecture,
those might go untested upstream as well as on the package maintainer's
system, since some (optional?) alternative architecture specific
optimisation code paths might be (automatically) selected in either
case.

I could go on...

> So, instead of have 10 ATs that are testing the same rdeps, seems
> logic that the maintainer could do it one time.

Your logic is flawed.

> What do you think?

I think that when you set out to help every minor architecture get
stable, you didn't know what you were getting into.

     jer