Am Dienstag, 31. Dezember 2013, 23:30:14 schrieb Mike Gilbert:
> I have noticed that the arch profile directories (profiles/arch/$ARCH)
> are not EAPI 5 capable. These profiles are inherited by both the default
> and hardened profiles and contain arch-specific settings. They are often
> used to override masks set in the base profile.

[...]

> Here are a couple of alternatives:
>
> 1. Add profiles/eapi-5-files/$ARCH.
> 2. Add profiles/$ARCH/eapi-5-files.

Here's option 3:
In a few days the "one year waiting time" after making EAPI5 profiles the
default is over, and (pending revisit by the council and agreement) the whole
profiles tree can be switched to EAPI5.
This means the files from the eapi-5-files directory move to a more central
location and the eapi-5-files directory can be removed.
With that change the arch dirs automatically also become EAPI5 capable if done
properly.

See also
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/meeting-logs/20130108-summary.txt

Best & a happy new year,