On 04/23/2014 05:04 PM, Tom Wijsman wrote:
On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 15:50:03 -0500
William Hubbs <willi...@gentoo.org> wrote:

The arm64 profiles are marked exp in profiles.desc, so we don't have
to care about the keyword status.
Ah okay; nevermind then, my concern didn't take that into account.

I like this technique because it allows us to build catalyst stages based on stable packages while keeping the entire arch exp. Eg. with mips, I have to build catalyst stages with KEYWORDS="mips ~mips". I'm always on the bleeding edge of the latest packages committed to the tree. Sometimes these builds fail because the ~arch edge is not well tested for consistency and I have to resort to masking. It nicer to just build on KEYWORDS="mips" and then just stabilize the versions that are known to work.

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]