Hi,

(please avoid cross-list e-mails in the future if possible. Makes
threading horrible)

On 05/09/2014 07:21 PM, Matti Bickel wrote:
> On 05/09/2014 04:07 PM, hasufell wrote:
>> I ask the council to vote on banning pkg-config files that would
>> be added or renamed downstream (at least this will prevent new
>> violations).
>
> I want to repeat my stance from the linked bug that making this a
> policy or calling on council to add more weight to existing devmanual
> bits is adding red tape that from my point of view decreases the
> quality of Gentoo. Asking me to remove the pkg-config file for lua-5.2
> or removing the modifications to 5.1 will kill support for packages
> depending on these files existing.
> [...]

I was wondering, is there a good reason we keep our own pkgconfig files
instead of communicating that to upstream and resolve that properly?
What other distributions do? Or are we a special case and we need our
own pc files?

--
Regards,
Markos Chandras