On Fri, 30 May 2014 13:08:50 -0500
Ben Kohler <bkoh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 12:59 PM, Tom Wijsman <tom...@gentoo.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > Good idea, we really could use some kind of kernel seeds in the
> > Portage tree; if someone is willing to maintain them, knowing that
> > Pappy has maintained them for years and spoke about it it seems
> > like hard work.
> >
> > Remember that these "kernel seeds" are actually pretty far from
> > what we
> need for genkernel defaults (at least the way we currently recommend
> using it in our install handbook).  The kernel seeds provide a good
> sane kernel config *with little or no specific hardware support*.
>
> But I'm definitely in favor of separately packaging the kernel
> configs.
>
> -Ben

Yeah, same thoughts; I meant kernel seeds in a more general way, but
indeed "seed" wouldn't be the right word, perhaps "kernel plants"? :)

--
With kind regards,

Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
Gentoo Developer

E-mail address  : tom...@gentoo.org
GPG Public Key  : 6D34E57D
GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2  ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D