arm has a historical problem with stabilization, while keywording
doesn't require access to all arm sub-arches the problem with the
stabilization slowness causes running a full ~arm to become hard.  By
that I mean that if someone keywords something for arm because it works
on armv7 and I run ~arm because stabilization takes forever then my
system may break because of both non-stabilized packages and because I
could be running armv6.

In any case I propose splitting out arm into armv4, armv5, armv6 and
armv7.  armv8 seems to be here already as arm64.

I think this would be beneficial because of not all developers that want
to help with arm have or what all the sub-arches necessary.  It also
allows us to move faster on stabilization because most of us have access
to armv7 a bit easier.  This would take some pressure off of the people
doing stabilization for older sub-arches, but not much.

Some issues that need solving are as follows.

[hard|soft]float differences.  what stabilization means would need to be
clarified a bit here.

additional overhead of multiple arm teams

Might be missing some points, but that's the main stuff I think

--
-- Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)