On 7/21/14, 11:52 PM, Alexander Berntsen wrote:
> Michał has documented the shortcomings of dynamic deps in our wiki[0].
> (Thank you!) This documentation also includes two of our possible
> solutions.
>
> [0]  <https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Portage/Dynamic_dependencies>

Thank you, this is very useful. I didn't understand the issue much
before reading that page.

One question: why for "Removal of a USE flag along with the relevant
dependencies" dynamic deps say "revbump + unnecessary rebuild"? What
would happen without the revbump?

> 1. Improve dynamic-deps. This is, as Michał pointed out earlier in
> this thread a pipe dream.

Agreed.

> 2. Remove dynamic-deps. This is what I think currently makes sense.

+1 I also think it's the best option.

Paweł