Tom Wijsman <tom...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Assuming dynamic dependencies don't exist, another package would still
> depend on the USE flag in the vdb; the only way to force that USE flag
> dependency to go away is with an unnecessarily rebuilding rev bump, as
> without it it would complain that the USE flag doesn't exist.

Yes, this is a typical example:
After every adding or removing of a python version
(I am not speaking about *installed* versions)
with the new policy every package depending on some python
needs to be bumped.
This demonstrates very well what I said:
With the new policy you would have to recompile
your whole system about once a week.

I rather prefer to have a system which perhaps very rarely
forces me to use revdep-rebuild (which cannot be omitted
anyway, as shown in my previous posting) than to have a
permanently outdated system, without having any possibility
to know what *really* needs to be updated or is only update
because of the broken "static deps" idea.