On Thu, 18 Sep 2014 14:29:41 -0700
"W. Trevor King" <wk...@tremily.us> wrote:

> So Git works great, and GitHub's web UI doesn't support all of Git's
> bells and whistles, so… switch to a different VCS?  Personally, my
> conclusion is “just use Git from the command line”.  It's not like
> you're abandoning long years of experience using CVSHub with some
> miracle UI ;).

--find-copies-harder
           For performance reasons, by default, -C option finds copies
only if the original file of the copy was modified in the same
changeset. This flag makes the command inspect unmodified files as
candidates for the source of copy. This is a very expensive operation
for large projects, so use it with caution. Giving more than one -C
option has the same effect.

P.S. As you see from description this option affects git performance.
So, we probably can arrive at a conclusion that git itself isn't good
at all for package management. Maybe there are better architectural
decisions for that.