Rich Freeman wrote:
> > I really do not want that to be chosen for me.
>
> Well, then all you need to do is tell eselect to disable them, etc.

Well, but see above - this is a huge change in behavior - I really
don't think that should be done so lightly. I would be against it
even if I actually wanted completions by default.

> It always seemed pointless to me that there are a million bash
> completion filters installed on my system and I can't use them
> without going through eselect and turning them all on.  :)

Is USE=bash-completion set by default profiles? I suppose that that
is what should actually control whether completions are available.

I would unset it on my system to not have completions.

//Peter