On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 09:19:19 -0800
Zac Medico <zmed...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> > what Michał claims is that 'foo' will want ffmpeg, no matter what.
>
> Maybe he's talking about some case where portage failed to trigger a
> rebuild when appropriate. We've had a number of bugs like this that
> have been fixed. The most recent recent example is bug 531656 [1].

Yes I know about this one :) To be honest I find it much more
difficult and convoluted (?) than the present case, yet you fixed it.
Even worse: there has been tree-wide changes made because of this
(removal of := from all || ( ffmpeg:= libav:= )) instead of filling
portage bugs... which I consider just plain wrong and was in fact my
initial rant.

Alexis.