On 27 March 2015 at 10:32, Andreas K. Huettel <dilfri...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> It would be great to logically separate ebuild repositories (main tree and
> overlays) somehow logically from code, data, ...
>
> How about adding an additional level "repo" for everything that contains
> ebuild trees?
>
> repo/gentoo           <<-- our main tree
> repo/proj/kde
> repo/proj/perl-overlay
> repo/dev/dilfridge
>
> Everything else stays where it is, eg.,
>
> data/glsa
> proj/sandbox
> proj/portage

Agreed. It used to imply overlays by being called 'git.overlays.gentoo.org'.

But but now its just going to be 'git.gentoo.org' ....

And there's proj/  which is frankly dogs breakfast.

Re-organising that to be sensible is a bit much to ask at this time.

But maybe gentoo can at least start the ball rolling.

--
Kent

*KENTNL* - https://metacpan.org/author/KENTNL