On 30 July 2015 at 01:33, William Hubbs <willi...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 05:22:54PM -0500, William Hubbs wrote:

>> > Nice!
>> >
>> > But I still trying to figure out why do we need to keep fstab around.
>> > It is pure legacy.
>>
>> Is it? I have heard different people say it is, and it isn't, so I have
>> no idea.
>>
>> If fstab is truly legasy, I'll look into that.
>
> It seems that it is not legasy...
>
> For example, what happens if you do:
>
> mount /foo/bar
>
> and don't have fstab?
>
> William

if I choose to not use fstab, I will not use mount /foo/bar

Why will I do that?
For example, I can put passwords in different ACL.
I can add logic, for example dynamic mount point.
This is why using netifrc like configuration is so great.

I can choose to use fstab, then I lost all these goodies but can do
mount /foo/bar...