On 08/21/2015 10:39 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 11:10 AM, hasufell <hasuf...@gentoo.org>
> wrote:

>>> Sorry, but that is not accurate. Usage of games.eclass has
>>> been deprecated by QA [1] (with the council's mandate [2]), so
>>> devs should not use it any longer.
>>>
>>> Maybe QA should be stricter in enforcing its policies, in order
>>> to avoid such false impressions in future?
>>>
>>> Ulrich
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Quality_Assurance/Meeting_Summa
ries#Games_team_policies_issue

[2] https://projects.gentoo.org/council/meeting-logs/20140812-summary.tx

>> May I remind you that
>>
>> """ - Motion: "The council encourages the games team to accept
>> join requests and elect a lead. In the event they don't elect a
>> lead within 6 weeks, we will consider the team as dysfunctional
>> and thus disband it." Accepted with 6 yes votes and 1
>> abstention. """
>>
>> has never happened? There has been no vote, but the team has not
>> been considered dysfunctional. Instead we are just acting like it
>> doesn't exist, more or less. Sounds good?
>
> Well, we did say we would disband it.  We just didn't follow
> through. Would you be happier if we did disband it?
>
> The goal was to try to leave the structure there in case anybody
> steps up, but I don't really see the harm in acting as if the team
> doesn't exist.  It essentially doesn't.  Disbanding it would just
> make it formal.
>
> Sure, we did drop this, but I don't really see this line of
> argument actually accomplishing anything productive.  Creating a
> games team that fixes these issues would be productive.  Letting
> others fix them is also productive.  Nobody is opposed to having a
> games project - it just seems like nobody cares enough to actually
> make it happen. That's ok - we can still get things done.

What would be required to revive the games project? One of the reasons
I became a dev was to help out the games team, and if it's defunct, I
want to see what's necessary to fix it. I'm still a new dev (May
2015), but I wouldn't mind doing some dirty work if it means we can
put squabbles like this behind us and get enough devs together to give
game ebuilds the attention they deserve. I don't have a lot of free
time, but sitting here discussing stuff isn't fixing anything,
either... If I can spend what little Gentoo time I have on fixing
things, I'd be glad to.

- --
Daniel Campbell - Gentoo Developer
OpenPGP Key: 0x1EA055D6 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net
fpr: AE03 9064 AE00 053C 270C  1DE4 6F7A 9091 1EA0 55D6