On 25 Sep 2015 10:32, Leno Hou wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 11:07 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:

> > > YES. We have KVM virtual machine of ppc64le.  Can we
> > > booting/filing/fixing by KVM ?
> >
> > KVM is fine.  i'm assuming you can't boot a ppc64le vm when the host is
> > ppc64be ?
>
> We can boot ppc64le by KVM on POWER7  (abbrev. PowerKVM)
> and KVM on Power7 is big endian. If you have real POWER7 hardware,

we have a Gentoo box running on a POWER7 from IBM:
        IBM,8231-E2B POWER7 32 x 3.5GHz

it has KVM enabled in it.  so i guess we should be able to start a LE
instance in KVM there.

> you can install Ubuntu or RedHat ( integrated with KVM by default) on
> POWER7.

are you really making this suggestion on a Gentoo list ? ;)
booting other distros isn't generally interesting to us.
don't you already have a Gentoo instance booting ?
-mike