Dnia 2015-10-11, o godz. 15:52:40
Ian Delaney<idel...@gentoo.org> napisał(a):

> To my observation the reaction to this has been between displeasure and
> dismay.  Yesterday the dev-ML was flooded with the first day's
> publication of the members' reviews. Firstly the gentoo-commits ML to my
> understanding is intended to be used for and by qa members. This
> project has one whom we presume has the discretion to declare the use
> of the qa hat at whim.
>
> As someone once put it, it's not the product or message it's the
> delivery of the package.  This project in its creation is made of self
> appointed members who assume the status and qualification to suddenly
> launch their evaluations upon unsuspecting folk the community wide with
> neither  warning  nor their prior knowledge nor consent. The editing
> to the page illustrates already significant back pedalling from feedback
> already challenging its selected mode of delivery.
>
> The project goals and 'would be' mission statement are in fact
> legitimate and have the backing of Council members.  The execution has
> been done independently, unilaterally and with no input or collaboration
> with Council to my knowledge.  The actions of this project potentially
> impact on every developer / user of the gentoo project, addressing the
> core skills of both. Yet it has been made, announced and executed in
> this style.

Per GLEP 39, there is no requirement or even a recommendation for
a project to be approved by Council. The Reviewers project has no
special powers. Anyone can post their opinion which includes reviewing
ebuilds or communicating common problems. Some of us has been doing
this for some time already.

The only change about having this project, really, is that there's
a common contact point for people looking for help with ebuilds. This
also improves the quality of reviews through sharing of ebuild
knowledge between different reviewers.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny