konsolebox posted on Fri, 22 Jan 2016 22:10:53 +0800 as excerpted:

> Hi, I can't find a way to make `emerge --sync` add an option like `-f`
> to `git pull` when it runs it.  How about adding sync-git-extra-opts or
> sync-git-pull-extra-opts to repos.conf?  We already have
> sync-rsync-extra-opts for rsync so I think it's fair to add one for git.

If you have layman installed, you can set repo sync-type to laymansync,
and layman, in turn, has configuration options that allow you to set
additional options for git as well as the other repo-type fetch commands
(bzr, svn, etc).

Tho AFAIK, that's global, so any git-type repo that is set to laymansync
in repos.conf, will use layman's additional options settings.  You could,
however, set only the desired repos to laymansync type, while setting the
others to git sync type, so portage will fetch the one set using normal
options with layman fetching the others using its customized options.

Unfortunately, the laymansync sync-type doesn't seem to be well
documented, either in the layman manpage or in the portage manpage (which
covers repos.conf).  You have to have come across it via google or one of
the layman discussions on the wiki or mailing lists, etc, which is why I
knew about it.

But do be aware, laymansync only works with layman installed.  If it's
not installed and sync-type is set to laymansync, attempts to sync will
error out with unknown sync-type errors.