On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 03:45:14 +0800
konsolebox <konsole...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 2:05 AM, Brian Dolbec <dol...@gentoo.org>
> wrote:
> > On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 01:05:12 +0800
> > konsolebox <konsole...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Unfortunately I need it for the `gentoo` repo itself.  I do have
> >> layman repos but I update them separately with `layman -S`, and I
> >> don't want them to always get updated together with `gentoo`
> >> everytime I run `emerge --sync`.
> >>

> > No, the portage sync system controls which repo(s) get synced via
> > the auto-sync setting.  So layman can git sync the gentoo repo like
> > Duncan described without also syncing your manually synced layman
> > repos.
>
> Ok I think I follow a bit, but wouldn't it be better to have that
> feature without relying on layman?

Yes, it would be better.  But there are only do many hours we each can
spend on Gentoo.  I have the repoman rewrite as my primary portage work
in progress at the moment.  And this feature is not something I am in
need of...

For those who may wish to add this and/or other features to the sync,
The repos.conf repo definitions are now capable of extra options per
sync type (They don't have to be common to all sync modules). So it is
possible to add this to the git sync module and have specific repo
settings.  We are around and eager to help anyone wishing to contribute
patches :)

--
Brian Dolbec <dolsen>