On 2/9/16 7:43 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 7:36 AM, Daniel Campbell <z...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>>
>> Given that the push for kdbus is more a political API move than
>> anything, I can see eudev sticking to the current interface and
>> working just fine.
>
> I doubt udev is going to make that switch until kdbus is merged into
> the kernel.  I doubt that Linus will accept it simply over politics.
>
> Once it is in the mainline kernel, why wouldn't the eudev maintainers
> switch?  At that point just about anybody using dbus is going to be
> making a switch to kdbus.

Yes.  I have a plan for a refactoring of the fork based on the direction
the kdbus stuff upstream is going.  So back last June they started some
major moving of code around.  I was hoping to follow them smoothly into
kdbus support, but that's not possible (or not easily possible).  So I
see where they're going and eudev-4 should have kdbus ready.

That's the plan but following Lennard is like following the rabbit down
the hole.

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]