On Tue, Feb 09, 2016 at 08:08:33PM -0500, Tim Harder wrote:
> I imagine in the end it would be better to put some of the faster checks
> into the git hook pipeline itself. For example, reject commits at push
> time that are missing DIST entries.
>
> Since I'm not familiar with the infra setup all I can do is provide
> support if it's feasible and someone wants to implement this using
> pkgcore/pkgcheck similar to what the CI stuff already does.
I will happily take a pre-receive hook, regardless of it using
pkgcore/portage. Note that it should operate WITHOUT having a checkout,
needs to be able to take new ebuilds & Manifest on stdin.

Trying to checkout the tree for each update I don't think is a good
idea, as it's 5+ seconds of overhead; and somebody else could try to
push a change in the meantime.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux: Developer, Infrastructure Lead, Foundation Trustee