On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 01:22:22PM +0800, Jason Zaman wrote:
> We do not need the whole manifest checking, we just need to have a list
> of SRC_URI that is being added in any ebuilds and then grep Manifest if
> those filenames exist. The receive hook checking the hashes of the files
> is probably asking too much. This would miss any files added by eclasses
> but that is rare and changes less often so we should probably be okay.
>
> Is there any sane way to spit out condensed SRC_URI for all use-flags?
eclasses add a LOT.
Of the ~40k ebuilds in the tree, ~11k do not match the regex /^\w*SRC_URI/.

This means that you need an update to date copy of eclasses at the very
least. If Portage/pkgcore could work on a tree that had only a partial
Git checkout of: eclasses/, metadata/, cat/pn/
Then this probably COULD run much faster.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux: Developer, Infrastructure Lead, Foundation Trustee