> On 14 Feb 2016 11:41, Brian Dolbec wrote:
> > >
> > > Which is precisely the corresponding argument for not switching the
> > > default to eudev in the first place.
> >
> > OH, my, this is looking more like you are being paid by systemd peeps...
>
> honestly ?  cut the crap man.
>
> > You are just refusing to acknowledge these simple facts.
> >
> > systemd.................:  irrelevant to this decision
> >
> > standalone systemd-udev.:  Vehemently unsupported, support for its
> >                            capability to exist is planned to be punted
> >                            in the future.
> >
> > eudev...................:  fully functional, actively developed,
> >                            and fully supported, mature project, been
> >                            around for years.
>
> udev: it's the default in every major distro that everyone tests and
> develops against.

This is NOT true, major distro use systemd, NOT udev as we use it.

> eudev: no one of any relevance outside of Gentoo runs it.

Neither this is totally true, or put another way, everybody which is NOT
using systemd is using eudev (or some form of static /dev).
So obviously this is totally relevant for people that don't use systemd.

Also, why, why people using systemd ARE interested in this thread?
You should not be interested at all.