On 13/06/16 08:50, Alexander Berntsen wrote:

> > I still think you're underestimating the need for centralization.
> > What you call a "core/base" package is probably going to end up
> > being anything listed in a dependency.  That is a LOT of packages,
> > actually - we're not just talking about libc and zlib.
> It's not a lot compared to how many we have today.

I really think someone needs to do a bit of portageq and see what the
Tree *actually* contains ....

Likewise .. a trek through bugzilla would also be enlightening for those
not familiar ...

Once you've seen those two .. perhaps you'd be a little more qualified
to make generalised statements about the state of Gentoo.

Just sayin' ...