On 06/16/2016 12:35 AM, Alexander Berntsen wrote:
> On 16/06/16 09:24, Daniel Campbell wrote:
>> To touch on the user repo part.. can't it be as simple as adding
>> one requirement to user repos that wish to be considered as
>> curated?
>
>> Create a "gentoo-ci" branch or something else, and the maintainer
>> of each repo can update said branch when QA 'approves' a given
>> commit. Then others can 'subscribe' to that branch and development
>> remains unhindered by the QA process in a distributed format.
> I'm not sure what you mean by unhindered. I didn't mean for my idea to
> create any hindrance. My idea was to fork their repository, and have
> some dev(s) take the responsibility of merging from the user. Or, we
> could do what Exherbo does, just let them carry on and trust them, and
> only (perhaps temporarily) remove their repository if we find them
> guilty of some wrongdoing.
>
> While I'm not axiomatically opposed to your idea, I think it may
> create noise if everybody makes a gentoo-ci branch, and most of them
> are close to worthless.

I guess what I mean is these outside developers could continue hacking
and/or breaking things, or whatever else, without worrying about their
"official" branch. We could have a standard that assumes Gentoo pulls
their 'master' branch and they keep other stuff in 'dev', or some other
model. We'll need to decide on *some* branch, but putting it in writing
would make things clearer for prospective repo maintainers.
--
Daniel Campbell - Gentoo Developer
OpenPGP Key: 0x1EA055D6 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net