On 7/6/16 8:11 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
> Like I said, one mistake doesn't make a trend, and we shouldn't
> over-react to a mistake.  However, the way to handle a mistake is for
> everybody to say "this was a mistake," not "you're the only person who
> has a problem with this."  Let's just fix whatever broke (if it isn't
> already fixed) and move on.  We don't need to defend mistakes.

+1

So what we don't want happening again moving forward is where a
developer (me in this case) thinks he's provided the information needed
for security, then the bug goes dormant 3 years, and then out of the
blue a p.mask with 30 days notice until removal.  Especially if it the
security issue is minor.

The security@g.o list has 500+ open bugs going back years.  We don't
want this uncertainty to loom over all developers heads.  A reasonable
policy here would help create clear expectations for security and other
developers.

I don't think I need to add more to this since K_F appears to be working
on something that will address this.

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]