On Fri, Jul 08, 2016 at 07:09:04PM +0300, Andrew Savchenko wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Jul 2016 10:01:58 -0500 William Hubbs wrote:

> > > Perhaps we should start posting these  orphaned-package announcements to
> > > gentoo-user, so folks interested in learning about ebuilds can ponder
> > > proxy-maintenance of a few packages as an opportunity?
> >
> > I'm not sure that's necessary, that's what g-d-a is for.
>
> How many users are subscribed to the gentoo-dev-announce ML? The
> very name suggests that this is development announce, not something
> related to our users.
>
> We already duplicate Last-rites messages to gentoo-dev ML, why not
> add gentoo-user here too? Why do we need to duplicate Last-rites on
> gentoo-dev in the first place? I suppose there are two reasons:
>
> 1) even not all devs are subscribed to gentoo-dev-announce;

They should be, the last I heard this list is mandatory for all devs.

> 2) this is a moderated list, which creates some delays.

 This might be a consideration, but I'm not sure.

I'm not really for adding another list we cross-post last rites
announcements to, I would rather encourage folks who want to keep track
of that to subscribe to g-d-a. That's also where the announcements for
council meetings go, etc.

William