On 08/18/2016 06:21 AM, Alexis Ballier wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 08:13:14 -0400
> Rich Freeman <ri...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
>> If you just check your packages occassionally to make sure they build
>> with gold it completely achieves the goal, and it will actually result
>> in fewer bugs using the non-gold linker as well.
>

> That's what a tinderbox is for. The only QA problem I see here is that
> QA doesn't automate that kind of checks anymore since Diego left. Maybe
> QA should ask Toralf to run a ld.gold tinderbox and avoid asking people
> to randomly test random packages ?

I dunno, if testing packages that one maintains is as simple as
reconfiguring a package, testing, and switching back then I don't think
it's unreasonable to ask us to test our own packages. We're supposed to
do that already, and for packages whose dependencies aren't 100% hashed
out, it can help us figure out what the real deps are.

--
Daniel Campbell - Gentoo Developer
OpenPGP Key: 0x1EA055D6 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net