All,

I want to look into removing grub:0 from the tree; here are my thoughts
on why it should go.

- the handbook doesn't document grub:0; we officially only support
  grub:2.

- There are multiple bugs open against grub:0 (15 at my last count). A
  number of these as I understand it are because of custom patches we
  apply.

- grub:0 can't boot a nomultilib system, so we have to maintain a
  separate package (grub-static) specifically for that setup.

- Removing grub:0 from the tree doesn't stop you from using  it. If people
  really want it I will place it in the graveyard overlay.

  - We have custom patches for grub:0, which will never go upstream.

- grub:0 is dead upstream. They have not done any work on it in years.

- The only real problem with grub:2 has to do with pperception. Yes,
  their documentation has a strong preference toward using their
  configuration script (grub-mkconfig) to generate  your grub.cfg, but
  this is not required.

So, I want to make a plan to lastrite grub:0 and grub-static.

I'm thinking, in about a week,  p.mask grub:0 along with grub-static and
send out a lastrites msg with a 30 day removal notice.

If there any technical objections to this, let me know what they are.

Thanks,

William