Ühel kenal päeval, T, 29.11.2016 kell 19:31, kirjutas Gokturk Yuksek:
> Mart Raudsepp:
> >
> > Ühel kenal päeval, E, 28.11.2016 kell 17:45, kirjutas Gokturk
> > Yuksek:

> > > Given the inactivity on the page since the submission of this
> > > post, I'll clear the page entirely in two days. It's better to
> > > have no information than a misleading one. Please remember to
> > > update the page with your staffing needs after the cleanup.
> >
> > This is not some page that is just there and edited as-is. It is
> > generated from {{Staffing Needs}} macros placed into project pages
> > and seems like individual subpages when
> > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Projec
> > t:Gentoo/Staffing_Needs/Maintenance is used instead. Therefore I
> > doubt you can just go and clear things on that page alone, nor does
> > it mean you should clean everything without contacting the project,
> > especially those that actually have it on their project page (so
> > relatively knowingly placed there recently).
> >

> I thought about the same thing at first. A more careful look at the
> URL shows that this is not the case:
>

> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Gentoo/Staffing_Needs/ProxyMaint
> ain
> er
>
> The {{Staffing Need}} macro page lives under "Gentoo" in project
> namespace, not under "Proxy Maintainers". As a matter of fact, the
> link has a typo where it's missing an 's' at the end.

I guess that template then just gives an additional staffing need table
to the project page when used and not synced if you say so. Would be
nice to have this automated in the way I thought it already was. This
ensures that there is a project page that advertises the staffing need
and with that a contact in the detailed page.

> I'd like to bring it to attention that there had been no activity on
> the page in a week. We should at least clear some obvious ones like
> this
> :
>
> --
> GMN Editor/Author
> We are looking for developers or users interested in helping us out
> with the Gentoo Monthly Newsletters.
> --
>
> This isn't even an official GMN project at the moment, there is no
> information who is in charge and it's misleading people.

That's because there is no-one to do it, but it would be nice if
someone did. So a staffing need. But yes, there should be someone to
contact for it then; maybe PR should consider adding a new staffing
need for that under their umbrella or something.

> I'll try to contact individual projects as much as I can.

Sounds good.

Mart