On December 25, 2016 9:49:02 PM GMT+09:00, Kent Fredric <ken...@gentoo.org>
wrote:
>On Sun, 25 Dec 2016 13:41:29 +0100
>Agostino Sarubbo <a...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
>> NOTE: I'm intending this message as a sort of announcement to invite
>everyone
>> to port their stable requests. I guess there isn't much to discuss
>here. If
>> you don't like some of the changes that have been done, please open a
>specific
>> thread about.
>>
>> Thanks.
>
>A quick rundown on attaching stabilization lists as files might be
>helpful,
>especially in regards to that flag having three states, the "undefined"
>state (ie: no such flag)
>, and both "-" and "+" states.

It is not necessary to use a file now.  Just put the list in the "Atoms to
stabilize" as described.

>Also steps to take in regards to getting a "Flags: sanitycheck-" report
>should be clarified.
>
>( I assume these will all be in the wiki, I'm just jotting them here
>under the
>presumption that the content of this email and its replies will be used
>as a baseline
>for the wiki )

Not an expert and Michael can clarify, but sanity check basically means repoman
does not check out. That is, the developer did not provide a proper stable list
or target and potentially breaks the stable tree.