On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 10:04 AM, Kent Fredric <ken...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> That's not viable, mostly because the performance cost of doing so is
> significantly
> time consuming, that it would block `git push` for minutes at a time, and all
> users
> performing pushes would have to wait in a queue for several minutes per push.

This doesn't ring intuitively true for me. Maybe you're talking about
running a "repoman full" for every committed package; I'm not. The
checks Doug describes are all package-local. What makes this process
so expensive?

Even if it is true, the solution would be akin to more post-push check
automation (like some of Michal's work) instead of blocking
automation, not just saying "people should verify things before they
push".

Cheers,

Dirkjan