On pon, 2017-04-10 at 17:18 -0400, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
> > Python used not to use TARGETS. The results were random
> > incompatibilities between packages that were hard to track and random
> > breakage. Now we're past that. But I can understand it's not the
> > Gentoo of your times where user was expected to watch his every step
> > to have his system boot again.
>
> This has nothing to do with booting. This BS broke my build server.
> Many times over many years have I had to mess with Python targets. Now
> with Ruby its double. It was mostly the headache as a system admin
> having emerges not run due to unmet requirements etc.

So, to summarize: you want to destroy a reasonably reliable dependency
system in favor of thing that randomly explodes because you failed at
hacking at it?

Well, you've already dismissed the users for which it works out of
the box... obviously they're not a proper Gentoo users if they don't
break their system and then complain that Gentoo is doing everything
wrong because they can break their systems.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny