Am Dienstag, 8. August 2017, 20:55:41 CEST schrieb Andrew Savchenko:
> On Wed, 9 Aug 2017 04:20:18 +1200 Kent Fredric wrote:
> > We're finally at a point where we're nearing the unmasking[1] of Perl
> > 5.26 and making it visible to ~arch users, and a "news item" on this
> > matter will appear shortly.
> >
> > Due to a collection of various problems faced in this version,
> > extensive amounts of work has been needed to simply deliver an ~arch
> > release that isn't incredibly visibly broken [1][2].
>
> [1] indicates there are unfixed problems with core system packages:
> gcc (620164) and autoconf (625576). Having them broken even in
> ~arch is no fun. Are you going to fix these issues before perl-5.26
> will be unmasked?

The gcc breakage is harmless (it fails to build some documentation files, but
ignores that and continues the build); we have a patch, which will be bumped
to stable after some "just to be safe" testing. (The unkeyworded versions of
5.4 and 4.9.4.) gcc-6 and later is already fixed upstream.

Autoconf is not so harmless, but the current newest ~arch version contains the
fix already.

--
Dr. Andreas K. Hüttel
tel. +49 151 241 67748 (mobile)