> W dniu czw, 19.10.2017 o godzinie 21∶08 +0200, użytkownik Michał Górny
> napisał:
> >
> > 4. The new hashes that are stronger and commonly available are
> > SHA3/Keccak (using sponges) and BLAKE2 (HAIFA). Both are diverse from
> > our current algorithms, so either is a good candidate. The choice of
> > Keccak is purely arbitrary (because it's the winner?).
> >

> Actually, a small correction here: we support more implementations
> of SHA3 than BLAKE2, so the first one is less problematic for us.

Not researched in depth but:
B2sum provided by coreutils is quite satisfacting*, it's pretty fast, while
sha-3 is deemed to be slower than sha-2, maybe this could be weighted while
choosing the algorithm wanted.

Both seem to take advantage of modern multicore CPUs but sha-3 does 11.7
[cpb]#0 (see #1) while an email seen on the internet say blake2 can reach 1
[cpb] (see #2)

#0 cpb = cpu cycles per byte
#1 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SHA-3#Speed
#2 http://www.metzdowd.com/pipermail/cryptography/2016-May/029297.html