On 27 November 2017 at 20:34, Rich Freeman <ri...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> To answer his question, there is not any way out-of-the-box to tell
> portage to install the latest ~arch version of a package that has only
> stable or already-accepted dependencies.  Certainly it should be
> possible to build such a feature, but it doesn't exist today.

Sounds kind of weird? If he has keyworded the game package, shouldn't it
just never install that version if it depends on an unstable package? I
know I've seen errors of that kind on a machine running stable, but
shouldn't emerge just skip the package update if you can't satisfy its
dependencies? In my head it sounds like that should be something of a
default, but maybe I'm missing something.