On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 5:39 AM, Thomas Deutschmann <whi...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> But well, for the beginning we don't need the perfect solution. We can
> start with an easy mode and blacklist most packages. So devs interested
> can remove their packages from blacklist. And like said, build bot would
> still handle stabilization bugs.

I think this has all been gone over in a list post previously, but it
seems like the most straightforward solution here is flags in metadata
where individual packages can be flagged for auto-stabilization.

In the beginning the system would be opt-in.  Then once we have
confidence that it is working well the flag could potentially be made
opt-out.

Maybe initially for testing you could keep the whitelist outside of
the repository, but then you need to make it straightforward for
maintainers to have their packages added to the whitelist if they
wish.  Long-term if this becomes the standard workflow it would make
sense for the flags to go inside the repository.

--
Rich