Am Freitag, 15. Dezember 2017, 23:37:48 CET schrieb R0b0t1:
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 4:18 PM, Nils Freydank <holgers...@posteo.de> wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > with regards to the current mailing list (ML) split discussion, and one
> > specific message deep down there by mgorny asked for someone providing
> > moderator rules, I would like to propose the following ruleset for
> > gentoo-dev
> >
> > Right now the situation escalated in a way that forces to actually do
> > something and I hope we can recreate an atmosphere where technical
> > improvements can happen.
>
> To me, at least, this isn't self-evident. What specific actions make
> you think an immediate response is necessary?
>
> self-evident
>   adj. Evident to one’s self and to nobody else.
>
> Cheers,
>      R0b0t1
There is a specific RFC about splitting the mailing list because of a
problematic style of conversation.

Even if that split won’t happen -- I don’t know if mgorny has the "right" or
support to do that and I personally want to stay out of these discussions -- I
really *do* think that a moderation of a frequented mailing list like gentoo-
dev is a generally good idea. Therefore we need properly documented rules
(beside moderators).

To answer you question: I think the RFC introduces either a "time pressure" or
should be seen as sign that this list needs an improvement.

Regards,
Nils

--
GPG fingerprint: '766B 8122 1342 6912 3401 492A 8B54 D7A3 FF3C DB17'
Holgersson