> Hi everyone,
>

> This is an idea that has been floating around already, as some of you
> already know, openQA [1] is a project that provides the ability to fully
> test  O.S.

Being used to routinely build Gentoo profiles, this idea is one of the
first to pop up, indeed.

> I'd like to bring openQA to Gentoo, and start using it for both testing,
> and maybe, if promising at it seems, using it to automatize even more
> our testing workflow and help stabilization processes.

simply Great.

> I'm creating a new project for this, the aim is first to provide ebuilds
> for openQA, and meanwhile writing test cases that can be used to test
> Gentoo inside it. As i see it, it would be really helpful exp. regarding
> testing DEs  and track back regressions as well [2], it offers also
> integrations with bugzilla.

One of the first things noticed when trying to achieve full testing is that
it's a gigantic work. Suse seem to have a really good framework that
surely costed a lot to build.
How much can be reused of that work?
What are the differences, in features and building blocks expected for a
gentoo implementation?

> Development plan and goals will be updated to the Project page soon [3]
>

> What do you think?

That's a difficult objective worth the effort to achieve it