W dniu sob, 10.02.2018 o godzinie 10∶49 +0000, użytkownik Mike Auty
napisał:
> On 08/02/18 20:55, Mike Gilbert wrote:
> > However, there are plenty of examples of commands that normal users
> > may run from sbin.
>
> Hiya,
>
> I'm not really for or against the idea, but whenever the justification
> for something is "there are plenty of examples" it's really helpful to
> have a number of them listed so that people can see what actual benefit
> is being provided by the change.  Could you name a few of the most
> common/important examples so that it's part of the discussion please?

blkid
btrfs
iwconfig
swapon

I think historically also 'ifconfig' and 'ping' were in sbin.

Sure, those commands are often used by root. But I don't need elevated
privileges to want to know my free space or IP address.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny