Hi William,

William Hubbs <willi...@gentoo.org> writes:

> The second change is that baselayout is taking ownership of most of the
> directories it creates. This includes all directories in / and /usr
> excluding /lib* and /usr/lib*. Once we drop support for SYMLINK_LIB,
> baselayout will take ownership of /lib* and /usr/lib* as well.

This is an abrupt change that will affect many users.  I suggest a
lengthy explanation (blog post, wiki page or important emails) to be
attached as a reference in this news item.

So a user will be able to study the rationales behind this change before
unmasking baselayout-2.5 on their machines.

Yours,
Benda