On Mon, 9 Jul 2018 12:21:36 -0500
William Hubbs <willi...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> All,
>
> is there a tracker for when the portage tree can be moved out of
> /usr/portage by default?
>
> If not, what is the status of us being able to do this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> William

I don't recall a tracker bug ever being created.

It required the stages be generated by catalyst-3 which can be
configured to any location for the tree defaults.  catalyst-2 had paths
hard-coded all over the place, plus used those paths as keys in
python dictionaries...

I believe all stages are now built with catalyst-3 for all arches, but
I don't know about some of the lesser used arches as some of those are
older dates.

That and a portage release with the new default location set in it's
backup configs.

So, it should be ready to convert if the minor arches stage are being
generated with catalyst-3

--
Brian Dolbec <dolsen>