On Sun, Jan 19, 2020 at 12:31:52PM +0100, Michał Górny wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In the light of the recent misunderstandings, I have started working
> on an official Policy Guide [1].  The Guide is meant to provide
> a focused list of officially approved QA policies, along with their
> rationale and any other useful information.
>
> This should supplement devmanual [2] with clear information on what is
> enforceable policy, and what is merely a suggestion (or possibly
> outdated information, which is a common problem for devmanual).
>
> The current document contents were approved by the QA project.  However,
> it is by no means complete.  Further existing policies (as well as new
> policies) will be documented there as they are approved by QA team.

Why are we creating another guide instead of just consolidating
everything in the devmanual?

My understanding of things has been that the devmanual is the location
of official qa policies, but now we have devmanual, this new guide and

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Quality_Assurance/Policies

> The sources are stored in proj/policy-guide.git [3].  If you wish to
> submit your own changes, you can either use the 'Policy Guide' bugzilla
> component [4] and/or GitHub mirror [5].

I also agree with ulm et al wrt any official discussion wrt changes
needing to happen on bugzilla.

Thanks,

William