Hi,

it's true that zoom is currently getting a lot of attention. It all
started with the iOS application using Facebook SDK to provide login
through Facebook and their TOS/privacy statement.

That triggered a lot of (security) researchers who are currently sitting
at home like most people in western world with a lot of time. If
upstream will address all problems this will become one of the best
(free-)audited conference software available ;-)

For this discussion please keep in mind that there are multiple versions
for different platforms. Not every platform is affected by all reported
problems.

Regarding zoom and Gentoo: net-im/zoom doesn't require any special
handling in Gentoo. Package is not even marked stable. We have a lot of
vulnerable packages...

If problems will get confirmed for the available Linux version and
upstream won't provide a fix within ~12 months (depends on severity of
reported vulnerabilities) we maybe decide to last-rite or apply a mask
to force user awareness through forced unmask action in case they need
that software. But again, this software isn't special and doesn't
require further discussion from our P.O.V.

--
Regards,
Thomas Deutschmann / Gentoo Security Team